Old 28-06-2011, 06:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
down_hill down_hill is offline

Default Himalayacalamus hookerianus 'Himalaya Blue' wont grow

Kelo wrote:

If you want a good "blue" bamboo that is happier in cooler climates,
have a look at some of the newer Borinda species/varieties that have
come on the market in the last few years, though some of those died last
winter. But they probably won't be quite as remarkable in their culm
markings as H hookerianus. 'Himalayacalamus Hookeriana'
(http://tinyurl.com/5rm3gk4)

My one has been in the ground for four years and grew up to 5 feet last
year. This year ,however, it's been moody. My others grew up to 12 feet
last year so I'm looking for 15+ feet this year.

If they are tissue culture plants I would not expect normal growth numbers.