Old 30-06-2011, 08:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Stephen Henning Stephen Henning is offline

Default hydrangea

In article ,
"Freckles" wrote:

If possible I would like to find out about how long it would take to grow a
hydrangea from cutting to full height of 6'.

Can anyone tell me?

Freckles

There are many different kinds of hydrangeas. Ours are all about 5
years old and only the Oak Leaf Hydrangea attempt such heights. The
mopheads and lacecaps are content well shy of 6 ft. The second year
they were as tall as they ever got. Some grow new wood each year, some
keep old wood. None are identical and few are ever 6 ft. One we don't
grow is Paniculata and it will grow 15 foot tall, so it would probably
pass 6 feet in one year. Another we don't grow is the climbing
hydrangea that gets up to 80 feet tall. It probably would surpass 6 feet
in one year.

The USNA has a good hydrangea site:
http://www.usna.usda.gov/Gardens/faq...angeafaq2.html
--