Old 01-07-2011, 03:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Bay Willow Catkins in Garden?

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 23:56:48 +0000, markenejackson markenejackson
wrote:

If one affairs to use grass clippings as mulch it's best to mow on a hot
dry day afterwards the morning dew has disapated and again leave the
abridgement to dry area they abatement and raked up the next day. When
clippings are bagged as they're mowed they will mold rather quickly.

Mow with a mulching blade and there'll be no raking. Grass clippings
make terrible mulch anyway, grass clippings are too fine and decompose
too rapidly to make a weed blocking mulch. Grass clippings actually
encourage weed growth, and the thicker it's piled the better the more
noxious weeds will grow... grass clipping are like potting soil for
weeds... that's the main reason why I brush hog my wildflower meadow
each fall.