Old 03-07-2011, 02:31 AM posted to rec.gardens
semi-ambivalent[_2_] semi-ambivalent[_2_] is offline

Default Need suggestions for shade trellis plant/vine

We're putting in a trellis(?) on the south side of our house in
Denver. It's going to cover a patio. We'd like to use some kind of
vining plant for this. Here's a shopping list: Denver-sun tolerant, no
fruits to attract roosting birds, an open shade. It would also be nice
if it were "controllable".

I'm ignorant here so I'm wide open to ideas and your experiences, good
or bad.

thanks!

s-a