Old 03-07-2011, 06:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
DogDiesel DogDiesel is offline

Default what to plant in early July? (Ohio) after harvesting cabbage

"Ohioguy" wrote in message
.com...
I am just finishing harvesting about 20 cabbages that were growing in a
double wide row along the south side of the house. They did very well,
and now I have my freezer stocked up with cabbage to use through the year.

However, we still have probably somewhere above 90 growing days in the
season - more if you are talking about frost resistant crops.

Can anyone suggest what plants I might try for a fall crop? I already
have kohlrabi, eggplant, tomatoes, kale, brussels sprouts and the just
finished cabbage, and would prefer something else for variety.
I grew peppers last year, but think I'd like to skip a year with those.

I'd prefer plants, but the garden centers and big box stores only seem
to have lots of tomato and pepper plants, plus herbs. I am already
growing basil from seed, which is enough in the herb department for me
this year.

Thanks for your suggestions!

I don't know where you are at I'm near Cleveland. I assure you . You can
plant anything.