Old 05-07-2011, 07:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Bessy will become beef soon :(

"enigma" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote in

Hello there Lee - long time no see. What have you been up to?

knitting lace.

More power to you! I keep looking at Orenberg and Shetland patterns and
giving then a wide berth despite the fact that I have the long and very fine
needles and I even have 2 different colours of suitable yarn. Life is too
short ATM. I'm still sometimes making my bobbin lace though. I spend most
of my time knitting socks although I am nearly finished a
jumper/pullover/sweater for Himself. I'ts woold for which I didn't ahve a
pattern so have had to make it up as I went along and had trouble with both
the sleeves and the neck. The sleeves are now right but I'm not yet
finished the second knitting of the neck region.

got a nice Kromski Minstrel

Nice! I was reading about them in one of my older 'Spin Off' mags just the
other day. They look lovely. I've now got 3 wheels.

I've also been reading up on Schacht looms. I fancy getting a Wolf.
Trouble is the price to ship one to Oz may be more than I'd care to pay but
I haven't yet asked the question. the other irritqting thing is that the
Schacht agent is over in Western Australia so a whole continent away (and I
know Schacht want' ship direct whent hey have and agent in a country)..

so i'm working on getting
my yarn down to lace weight (and making bulky is damned difficult!

:-)) It certainly is difficult once you learn to spin finer grades. I
suspect I couldn't spin a real bulky now to save myself.

i got the bulky flyer & big bobbins too).

Not something I'd bother with I must admit, but then it's probalby not as
cold here as where you are.

doing a little gardening, only 11 varieties of tomatoes this year. i
put in some cherry trees, an apple, gooseberries & jostaberries. oh, and
i rooted a branch off my black mulberry in NY & brought it to NH. it
seems to be growing pretty well.

:-)) sounds like life is keeping you as busy as ever. It's been nice to
see your post and hear what you're up to. Please keep looking in
occasionally.