Old 05-07-2011, 10:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default It's more of that Identify this strange plant in my garden time!

In message , The Henchman
writes
It's only the second year in this house and garden. I've 2 strange
plants that I think are weeds but I'm just a beginner.

1st plant is
http://www.flickr.com/photos/henchma...in/photostream and
http://www.flickr.com/photos/henchma...in/photostream

This is the white form of Geranium robertianum (herb robert). Herb
robert is a common weed in Britain, but is also native to much of North
America. The white form occurs wild, but is also occasionally
cultivated.

2nd plant is
http://www.flickr.com/photos/henchma...in/photostream and
http://www.flickr.com/photos/henchma...in/photostream

This looks to be Leonurus cardiaca (motherwort). It is a British native
(though I haven't seen it in the wild). It is also native to most of
North America.

for what it's worth we are in zone 5 b Ontario Canada HOWEVER the
previous were British and imported a number of flowers from their
homeland to this lot.

My wife and I are under the assumption they are weeds however.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley