Old 07-07-2011, 03:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
internaughtfull internaughtfull is offline

Default spraying around junipers

On Jun 20, 10:29*am, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:
internaughtfull wrote:
I have a hillside full of little juniper pacificas, which were
planted with one of those antiweed tarps, and then mulched.
We had a big hailstorm and the tarp got several minor knicks
in it somehow, even covered by *the mulch, and
other stuff is popping up. I've weeded but it is getting out of hand
timewise, and I was wondering what I could spray that would
not kill the junipers.

I can't imagine it would be too difficult to patch the holes... some
extra tarp, scissors, and a big roll of duct tape is cheap.

That is not a bad idea. I had pulled up a few weeds and
disturbed a yellowjacket nest so I'm leaning towards the
spray method, also for the time factor. A little hand sprayer and
close spraying is working for now, although
there is this cataloupe type vine with thorns that is getting the
shears asap.