Old 08-07-2011, 01:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ray[_3_] Ray[_3_] is offline

Default Emerald Ash Borer ? ? ?

I live in Baltimore, and we're told that the emerald ash borer is now within
20 miles of the city.

The city has 300,000 ash trees -- and we have two of them -- both fully
grown and in excellent health at the moment.

We're told there is no pesticide to kill these parasites, and infestation is
always fatal.

I guess my question is, can we expect ALL ash trees in the city to be
destroyed? Or what are the odds of death vs. survival of our two tree?