Old 08-07-2011, 08:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Highclere Castle gardens

"Maroochy" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:

Beautiful!
Thanks for these, I'm rather addicted to the show. :-)

I've not seen it myself, but we arrange about 10 trips for our pension group
each year and thought this would be a good one to do seeing as the TV series
seems to be a big hit. What struck us most was how nice the people there
were, everyone we met was charming and helpful, from those guarding the
rooms to those serving in the cafe . Quite refreshing.
The Egyptian Museum is superb IMO, very imaginatively laid out, and we have
been to Egypt a few times so can compare with there. For those that may have
forgotten Lord Carnarvon whose owned the house was the man that bankrolled
the finding of Tutankhamun's tomb.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tutankhamun
--
Regards