Old 09-07-2011, 06:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default beetroot

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Enjoy. But I'm not an admirer as it's a book that irritates me.

Discuss? I'm always looking for good sources of information.
As I get older, I realize I know less and less.

My irritation probably stems more from the style and author assumption than
anything. When I'm looking for info on seed saving, I've usually in a hurry
and 'Seed to Seed' drones on and on and takes too long to get to the point
and there seems to be an underlying assumption that the reader knows nothing
and needs to be told in with extreme due care because they are a bit dim.
TMWOT, it's more a book for bedtime and/or armchair gardening reading when
one likes to ponder and mull rather than actually do anything.