Old 09-07-2011, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default Wilting Zukes

Went outta town for a few days , while we were gone the gkids and their
mom watered for me . A couple of my zucchini plants have an unexplained
wilting of leaves - and one has died , but it was weak to begin with . I'm
pretty sure they didn't water enough to let it soak deep like I do , but
most of the rest of my plants - and all the cantalopes - are still doing
well .
One thing , the plant that is wilting he most has a zuke about 6" long
growing . Can that increase the water required that much ? I watered
everything well yesterday , let the hose run slow and moved it around until
everything is deeply soaked . This morning the leaves are still wilted ...

--
Snag
Learning keeps