Old 26-02-2003, 02:51 PM
Lark84321

Default Question trees downed by winter ice and snow

Subject: Question trees downed by winter ice and snow
Date: 2/26/03 1:48 AM Eastern Standard Time
John is right, tieing the branches with clothes line or something that
will not cut through the branches but offer support from the wind, snow
or ice is very helpful. I always did mine in the fall & released them in
the late spring, I live in Ohio sometimes we also have some damaging
winter weather . By again Kitty

Thanks Kitty,
I did post to John that they were tied. The trees simply came right out of the
ground.
Could it have been the age - the trees were about 16? Also, we had a severe
drought this past summer. Could that have weakened the trees to such an extent?
Thanks! Jenny - Zone 6 South Central Pa.