Old 09-07-2011, 04:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default tomatoes

On 7/9/2011 10:08 AM, HL B123 wrote:
Hello to the group .My question /comment is.For the first few weeks I
had many large vine ripened delicious tomatoes from different varieties
But now I believe the mockingbirds are pecking them just as they start
to turn and also on the very bottom there is a large discolored area
that is bad, Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. hlb SW
arkansas

Sounds like blossom end rot. The cure is calcium. I sprinkle a handful
of limestone in my pots every season. It is not too late to do now.

Can't help with the birds.