Old 09-07-2011, 07:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Wilting Zukes

In article , "Snag"
wrote:

Went outta town for a few days , while we were gone the gkids and their
mom watered for me . A couple of my zucchini plants have an unexplained
wilting of leaves - and one has died , but it was weak to begin with . I'm
pretty sure they didn't water enough to let it soak deep like I do , but
most of the rest of my plants - and all the cantalopes - are still doing
well .
One thing , the plant that is wilting he most has a zuke about 6" long
growing . Can that increase the water required that much ? I watered
everything well yesterday , let the hose run slow and moved it around until
everything is deeply soaked . This morning the leaves are still wilted ...

Not a good sign. Do you check the soil for dampness before you water?
How often and long do you water? Any chance the zuch drowned? Do you
have insects that look like this
http://www.vegedge.umn.edu/vegpest/cucs/squabug.htm ?
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True conservatives, and liberals not to be found anywhere in the phantasmagoria
of the American political landscape.

America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.
It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the
greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks
and the portfolios of the uber-rich.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/.../michael-moore
/michael-moore-says-400-americans-have-more-wealth-/