Old 10-07-2011, 05:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Month 10? of killing Bermuda Grass

Tony Miklos wrote:
On 7/9/2011 3:41 PM, songbird wrote:

are you using any wetting agents
so that it sticks on the plants?

Yes, I forgot to mention adding ~1 tsp dish soap/1 gallon of glyphosate
mix. It works well. Doesn't bead up and roll off like the first
application.

I really like the latest method, I think it may work. I think it's
going to suck the life out of the roots. If I had to do it again I'd
also start in the spring instead of the fall.

the fall would be ok for some species as
the plants that are perennials will be taking
more from up top and sending it down to the
roots. since that is how glyphosate acts it
probably doesn't hurt. the trouble is if it
gets too cold too soon for active growing.

i'm not sure how much bermuda grass sets
seed (i don't have any direct experience
with it here)? we have had some invasive
grasses try to come in, but those i was
able to take out after a few years of
digging. not much likes being uprooted and
left in the sun to bake.

takes consistent effort but eventually
the will prevails.

songbird