Old 20-04-2003, 06:23 AM
E. Mito

Default Under gravel filters

In article , tose
(LeighMo) writes:

good (or not good ) for the plants. Finally I desided to rip the thing out
and see what happened. Well. . . finally for the first time in several
months the plants are starting to do well, one in particular is thriving, it
doubled in size in a week !

Thanks for posting your results. We'll convince Kush one of these days! g

I had a UGF in a 10 gallon tank and the water sprite I was growing in it
thrived with the UGF in use. The other plants did so-so. When I took the UGF
out, the water sprite did not grow as well and did not look as healthy,
although it was easier to keep the other plants in better condition. Not sure
how to interpret this; could be that since the other plants weren't doing so
hot with the UGF, there were lots of nutrients for the water sprite to use.
Alternatively, maybe the UGF is actually good for some types of plants...?

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm