Old 20-04-2003, 06:23 AM
rnj

Default Under gravel filters

Water Sprite doesn't need to be rooted to thrive. I think it absorbs most of
its nutreints through its leaves. So I think your first interpretion is
correct.

I had a UGF in a 10 gallon tank and the water sprite I was growing in it
thrived with the UGF in use. The other plants did so-so. When I took the

UGF
out, the water sprite did not grow as well and did not look as healthy,
although it was easier to keep the other plants in better condition. Not

sure
how to interpret this; could be that since the other plants weren't doing

so
hot with the UGF, there were lots of nutrients for the water sprite to

use.
Alternatively, maybe the UGF is actually good for some types of plants...?

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm