Old 16-07-2011, 10:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nelly Nelly is offline

Default Another groung hog

wrote in message

Being such a voracious eater, this one was caught 45 minutes after
setting the trap this morning;

http://www.pbase.com/eldata/image/136464431/original

BTW, they aren't all that "dumb", we had one here sometime back that
would literally perch beside the trap even when filled with bait.
After two 'possums, two skunks and countless squirrels, over a period
of years, we gave up trying to catch it.
=====

How'd he get injured? Are you relocating him?

I (well, my family) once had a lab who'd catch them & give 'em just one or
two thrashes in his jaws. Instant death. And I think that was about the only
thing that dog was ever good for.
Here in WI, we don't see groundhogs. They all seem to be replaced by
13-lined ground squirrels. Cuter, and so far as I've seen over the years,
much less destructive.