Old 18-07-2011, 06:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default ping Nad R & Billy

In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Nad - I've been reading a book from the "River Cottage Handbook" series and
thought you might be interested since you too seem to be interested in bread
baking. I'm going to buy a copy when I can figure out how to buy the one
that was for the UK audience not the US, but the one I am reading is
specifically for the US market.

Billy - you may be interested in this because of a brief mention of the
introduction of the 'Chorleywood bread process' whihc is worth reading aoubt
if you care about what you eat.

Daniel Stevens is the author - the US version of the has 2 loaves being
turned out of bread proving baskets, whereas the UK version just has a pile
of loaves on the cover:
http://www.randomhouse.com/book/2008...andbook-by-dan
iel-stevens

Ordered from the library.

What's the difference between the British and the American books?

Apparently, Donna Leon's books have been printed in every language,
except Italian, the language used where she lives.

There is also a video series about Venetian Commissario Guido Brunetti,
in German, "avec sous titres".
--
- Billy
America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.

You put Lloyd Blankfein in pound-me-in-the-ass prison for one six-month term, and all this bullshit would stop, all over Wall Street. That's all it would take. Just once.