Old 18-07-2011, 11:39 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Normandy[_8_] View Post

I just roughly tear up cardboard by hand and put it into the compost
bin. It disappears fast enough. Things like cereal boxes etc I just rip
into approx 6 inch squares.
I don't even do that much. I just flatten stuff out. (Worms congregate underneath) Except for large cardboard boxes (2ft square) which I use as receptacles for weeds, then put on top of the heap - it's useful at this time of the year when I'm adding a lot to the heaps - it means I can extend the heap another 2ft higher by building a wall of weed-filled cardboard boxes ;-)