Old 19-07-2011, 03:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OhioGuy OhioGuy is offline

Default my stevia plants taste like crap!

I've been using Stevia to sweeten my tea and cereal for a couple of
months now, and when I saw some plants at a local store marked down to a
buck, I decided to plant 6 of them out by the mailbox.

When I took a couple of leaves and chewed them, however, I was left
spitting out a very vile tasting green substance for a couple of
minutes. Only later did I truly seem to taste the sweet taste I was
used to, as a lingering aftertaste.

Does this horrid taste go away if you dry the leaves?