Old 20-07-2011, 09:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tony Miklos Tony Miklos is offline

Default Month 10? of killing Bermuda Grass

On 7/14/2011 10:47 PM, songbird wrote:
Tony Miklos wrote:
Gawd I hope so. I have a ~ 1300sq' area in front of my house that has
been mostly brown since early last fall. Right now the nitrogen and the
rain has the nasty stuff growing again in small patches. In a few days
it will get the glyphosate again. Then keep watering unless it rains.
Sooner or later it should suck the life out of the roots. The stuff is
so strong that after heavy traffic walking on the dead stuff all this
time it's still not down to dirt or mud. It would be great stuff if it
didn't get into everything it's not supposed to.

what are you doing in its place?

songbird

Grass, yes it's plain and boring but I have enough other "stuff". I'd
do clover but grandchildren (and me) , bare feet, and bee's don't mix.
(I suppose I could pour concrete! ;-) ).

First lots of rain kept me from spraying it then I had to go away for a
few days. Finally got to it today, I'll know in a week how well I'm
doing. Spot spraying another couple weeks... or months. It will be at
least 8 weeks before I plant anything, I want to be sure it's gone!

Tony