Old 21-07-2011, 09:03 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Jim[_25_] Jim[_25_] is offline

Default To divide or not to divide lilies

Jan, your thread on lilies tweaked a question in my mind that I
thought I would do as a new thread.

What is the trade off between dividing lilies and just letting them
grow their tubers?

We have not divided ours for years. We have a rope jungle in the tubs
and on the floor of the pond where they have grown out of the tubs.
The lilies seem to be doing fine and spreading. I will pull the
tubers on the floor when they have spread as far as I am willing to
permit. The tubs allow us to give each color its own location (deep
red, pink, yellow, white) The big-leafed whites from Tom LeBron are
doing most of the spreading on the floor.

I am interested in anyone's thoughts about dividing or not dividing.