Old 22-07-2011, 05:43 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Advice needed for non gardener

On 7/21/11 2:37 PM, barrie g wrote:
Hello all,
I am hoping someone may be able to advise on the best way to cover a
fairly steep banked area which at present is grassed with a lot of weeds
growing in it. It is a nightmare to mow or strim the bank due to how
steep it is and also it's fairly uneven but i need it to look
respectable. I have seen a low growing hedge that looked like it might
work but don't want to have to wait years for it to cover it or maybe
even covering it with that green weed control membrane but have been
advised that it wouldn't last too long before it looked horrible and
weeds would grow on top of it. I know absolutely nothing about gardening
so any help would be much appreciated.

thanks
Barrie

Where are you? That is, what is your climate?

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see