Old 23-07-2011, 03:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default New to gardening - list of plants; which are compatible?

On Jul 22, 1:58*am, seanspotatobiz seanspotatobiz.
wrote:
Mum and I have never had a garden before but a couple of years ago the
garage was torn down (before it collapsed) and I've built a deck and
whitewashed the walls. I'm building some nice planters out of left-over
deck boards and we've been walking around a couple of garden centres
noting down plants that we're interested in and would like to have in
our pots, planters and hanging baskets (hanging baskets will probably be
a job for next year).

I'm wondering which of these plants will be incompatibile (requiring
different types of soil etc). My mum doesn't have a lot of free-time so
we can't have anything high maintenance (I'm away studying most of the
year). If soil composition is an issue, I will be at home twice a year
(summer and winter) and can make adjustments then - but again, I have no
experience so we want the most beautiful arrangement we can have with
minimal risk of destruction.

Here is the list of plants we made:

Lilium (red pixie)
Cordyline
Begonia
Pansy
Fuscia
Geranium
Campanula
Phoenix canariensis
Coleus

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

--
seanspotatobiz

You can go on-line and with any decent search engine, get answers to
your questions.

HB