Old 24-07-2011, 02:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default DeadTaters ...

In article , "Snag"
wrote:

Steve Peek wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message
I guess I shouldn't be too surprised , the temps here have been in
the mid-to-upper 90's for like 8 weeks runnin' now . And yes,
they've been "hydrated" , and no I didn't overwater them . The ones
next to the house that only get part day sun are doing better , but
still not well . On another note , the zucchini's have started to
come back , got 3 fruits on the one that was least affected by the
borers , flowers on another , and the third is hangin' in there .
Cantalopes are doing well , and the cayenne pepper plants are
loaded . I've started watering the "wild" grape vine . I suspect the
reason it's never set much fruit is because of dry spring weather .
If we're still here next year , I'll find out ...
--
Snag
Learning keeps

It's time for potatoes to start dying back. They are basically done,
dig up a hill and you should find full grown potatoes.

The blueberries are fruiting like gangbusters. I'm picking 3-4
gallons every other day. I'm wasting away, but the chiggers are fat.
Steve

I wish I was up at our place in the Ozarks ... Son and DIL and their spawn
spent some time up there last week . The blackberries are in full producion
, and ripenin' fast . And momma and baby bear are eatin' them as fast as
they ripen - the littlest g-daughter saw the baby , the son herded the
family all inside ASAP .
Smart move , IMO !!

Damn, the blackberry cobbler season! I need to take a hike into the
woods and see how the blackberries are.
--
- Billy
Obama is now backing a bipartisan Senate budget plan that would overhaul Social Security and Medicare, while cutting taxes on the wealthy.