Old 20-04-2003, 06:23 AM
Christopher

Default removing snail eggs

I find that getting nature to control nature works best.
In this case get something to eat snails, that way they can hatch all they
want but their numbers will be kept very small to non-existent. My personal
favorite is a topaz puffer but that might be too aggressive/big for your
tank, most puffers like snails, there are also loaches and I have heard some
crustaceans like them as well...

"linda mar" wrote in message
Hi all,

yesterday, during my weekly tank maintenance, I saw a glob of snail eggs

on
my *tiny* newly sprouting crypt leaf.

since this particular crypt took a while to start producing leaves (was
suffering for a bit since it was too small), I didn't want to do what I
usually do with snail eggs.. just chop the green stuff that the eggs are
attached to it and throw it away.

I've tried pulling it off of the leaf, but it was so glued on, I coudln't

do
it without pulling out the plant from the gravel (it's a very small baby
plant).. so I ended up snipping the poor thing. it had two small

sprouting
leaves, now it only has one :-( and no other leaves (I hope this baby
survives!)

So, I was wondering, are there any other way to mechanically get rid of

the
snail eggs without sacrificing plant leaves or using chemicals? if the

eggs
were on some fast-growing stuff, or bushy plants, I probably would not

have
minded, but in this instance, it was painful to pinch what little green
that poor little plant had...

any insight is appreciated..

Linda