Old 25-07-2011, 05:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Our tomatoes seem to have stopped growing

Bert Hyman wrote:

We've just gone through an period of unusually high temperatures and
humidity, and our tomato plants seem to have gone into some sort of
stasis.

They show no external signs of stress or disease, but to my untrained
eye neither the fruit nor the blossoms look any different from a week or
more ago.

Here in Chicago metro our tomatoes are doing okay. It's the peppers
that aren't flowering. The plants are growing like bushes but only a
couple of them have any flowers at all so far this year. A couple of
pimento peppers are growing and that's it. Just one plant growing
peppers and the rest getting big. Crossing my fingers they will flower.