Old 26-07-2011, 10:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default OT US Politics, Was too Hot When...

Billy wrote:

Today in the USA, like those in Europe are concerned with an economic
collapse. There maybe a temporary solution but getting worse in the long
run. In the USA a two thirds majority is needed to get anything done. Not
enough votes to raise taxes and not enough votes to cut the budget.

If nothing gets done by August 2, that is the day the economy could
collapse. If they do vote for temporary solution the collapse day will be
temporarily delayed.

Indeed. What do they expect to happen in a six month window - a miracle?

In a 1 year window, the Republicans hope to beat Obama in the
presidential elections. Which is IMHO a charade to make it look like the
politicians are really doing something, like a couple of WWF Smack-Down
wrestlers before their scripted match. As it stands, the scenario is
that the Democrats are crooks, and the Republicans are crazy. The rich
own the 5 major corporations that control the media by which we are ill
informed http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/04/47530_comment.php#48355
, and through bribes (campaign contributions), the politicians. As with
our healthcare reforms, I predict that the rich will win the next
election.

I do not think so, I think the Democrats will win big time and the rich
will lose.

My sad reasoning to predict the future elections. The last election 80% of
the Democrats that lost voted against Obamas health care plan. With a two
party system this allowed Republicans to take over the house. It was a
narrow victory for the health care plan and allot of Democrats voted
against it. Eighty percent of democrats that voted for Obamas health care
plan got re-elected. If any Republicans voted for the Health care was next
to none.

Now the Republicans see this a great victory and started to show their true
side for minimalist government. They are in lock step and loyal as if was
from the word of God "Itself"

The Republican party has always had a loyalist religious view backing their
views. There was the "Moral Majority", "Contract with America" and now the
"Tea Party". If history says anything they will lose miserably in the next
election as with the other republican loses.

I like the saying from the House Speaker Tip O'neal under President Reagan:
"The people under the Democratic party helps the average American
financially that they become rich enough to become a Republican". The
Republican party then strips the wealth from those average Americans. So
back and forth we go.

Another thing that is going against the Republicans is the Baby Boomers are
now retiring in droves. They want their money back that they paid into. The
Republicans are all rolling each other over a cliff after they passed that
"Ryan Bill" to privatize Social Security". But the Republicans will end up
dragging the nation over that cliff with them.

THIS TIME will be different, the republican party will do nothing to help
Obama get out of the mess that the Republican Party created. I think they
will crash the currency and blame it on Obama. I believe Obama will get
re-elected provide he is still alive. But the country will be devastated.
It reminds of a sports saying, "it is a good loss, if your opponent is so
beat up and exhausted where he will not be able to play again for a long
time".

The Republican Party be so will joyous to see the Democratic party have a
hard cleaning up their mess. The Republicans care more about beating Obama
that helping their own Nation. The Republicans want to crash the economy,
in my opinion. Otherwise they will make a deal with Obama and raise the
taxes.

If Obama wins and Majority in house and Senate. He will change that senate
rule of two thirds rule to a fifty one percent rule for passage of tax
laws. The rich will starting paying back what they stole and more.

But we are going to go through economic Hell in the meantime.

Unemployment is capitalism's way of getting you to plant a garden.
Orson Scott Card