Old 26-02-2003, 03:39 PM
DH

Default Cherries

I planted a line of Stella dwarf sweet cherry trees along my drive about two
years ago, so have not yet had the opportunity to actually *taste* a Stella
cherry! Now I am moving, and will be in a position to plant cherries yet
again.

Is the Stella a good cherry to plant? It looked good when I ordered the
first tree, since it doesn't need a pollinator, but after I got up to five
or six, it wasn't such a selling point anymore. I also liked its comparison
(similar) to a Bing, which I know I like.

Anywhere I move will be an area where I can again plant a number of trees.
Anyone have any suggestions as to species? I believe I'll be in either Zone
8 or 9.

Thanks!