Old 05-08-2011, 03:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default The smell

of freshly picked cantalope is wafting throughout my house . When I went
out to check the garden early this morning , I could smell the aroma when I
was still several feet away . Touched the stem and it fell off the fruit ,
so it's sittin' on my kitchen counter right now . I picked one the other day
, but got it just a tiny bit too early and it wasn't as sweet as I like -
the neighbor down the street got that one . Now if this steenkin' heat wave
would break , maybe my 'maters would start setting fruit again . Hasn't been
a bumper year for them , but there's still hope ! Got a few on the plants ,
and some are starting to ripen . Now all I gotta do is beat the bugs to them
!

--
Snag
Learning keeps