Old 09-08-2011, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_6_] Derek[_6_] is offline

Default Fuchsia Deep Purple

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011 15:18:34 +0000, Scotkat
wrote:

By the way is it too late to start taking
cuttings from plug plants at this time of year, or should I wait until
next spring

And if your plug fuchsias are still small I would say not but if they
are bigger plants yes you can take tip cuttings.

Can you overwinter your fuchsias?

Would suggest you wait till September if you can over winter your
cuttings, (most winters you can get away with an unheated greenhouse
and a few layers of fleece, but of course not like last winter)
We find cuttings taken in September make better plants next year.
Tip cuttings can be taken, but trying to keep them al vie if we have a
very hot spell (we should be so lucky!) would be difficult.

www.lincolnfuchsiasociety.info