Old 11-08-2011, 07:41 AM
puppilup puppilup is offline
Registered User

Smile Lawn Experts, please help - New Turf Lawn Dying

I posted a thread to this site a few weeks ago "New Turf Lawn Dying? - Help please" and sadly no reply yet.
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/...lp-please.html

I am in the UK, but good lawn advice must surely apply the world over. Can any of you good experts please, please share some of your lawn recovery experience with me ?!

Can someone please help with my new 6 week old turf lawn which is not recovering despite laying, watering and mowing exactly as recommended by the UK renowned turf supplier Rowlawn. Except, .....I made one big mistake.......... I went on holiday! In those 2 weeks it rained a lot and grew too long (6"). When it was cut back all the lush green grass disappeared and I am now left with a thin, sparse and dead looking lawn. In the last 2 weeks since that it has showed little signs of recovering. Am I being too impatient and it will recover as Rowlawn say?

This is all explained in depth in the URL link above to my original thread. The pictures below give a good indication of the issue. Your help is much needed and appreciated. Many thanks. Puppilup
Attached Thumbnails
Lawn Experts, please help - New Turf Lawn Dying-badgrass_1.jpg   Lawn Experts, please help - New Turf Lawn Dying-badgrass_2.jpg   Lawn Experts, please help - New Turf Lawn Dying-badgrass_3.jpg