Old 15-08-2011, 07:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default At least it is not snow

Bill who putters wrote:

We have had 4.5 inches of rain since about 5o AM. And it is pouring
right now. I was trying to keep the tarragon on the dry side but looks
like perhaps next year.

A couple of weeks ago in Chicago metro we got 4 inches in 1 hour in the
middle of the night. It was so bad the tornado sirens went on. In the
morning we looked on the deck and the plants weren't wet. The wind
during the storm had come from the opposite direction than the
prevailing winds.