Old 16-08-2011, 07:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Priscilla H. Ballou Priscilla H. Ballou is offline

Default inner city vineyard - what do you think?

In article ,
Frank wrote:

http://www.wkyc.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=137098

Where are absorbed toxins stored in the grape plant? Leaves? Roots?
Fruit? Inner city soil is typically high in lead and various other
pollutants.

I have an urban organic garden on my property, and what edible plants I
grow (a fair number) are grown entirely in soil I had trucked in and
build beds with. Just being near city streets will have deposited much
lead from car exhaust, and who knows what else was dumped in the yard
before I bought the house?

Even if I did drink wine, I wouldn't drink that wine until I knew about
more about this question.

Priscilla
Boston, MA