Old 23-08-2011, 09:15 AM
a1cityflowers a1cityflowers is offline
Registered User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Hiles View Post
Hi, I am new to this forum and not experienced at any form of gardening apart from cutting lawn etc. I'm looking to plant some trees in my back garden which is in full sun from midday onwards and is well drained/sandy soil. The reason for this is to block out a large building/summerhouse built by my neighbour towards the bottom of our garden, this is a real eyesore as it stands 3m high. I am not worried about blocking out any light to my neighbours property, I did think about planting a row of Red Robin shrubs along border and was wondering if this is the right choice or any others.

Thanks Rod

This genus of about 300 species of evergreen i herbs and shrubs is spread throughout northern temperate regions with some also found in southern Africa and South America. It is a member of the large daisy family, but most species bear small white or yellow flowers.

Artemisia vulgaris was thought by ancient herbalists to have magical properties. This bushy cultivar, 'Oriental Limelight', has yellow and green leaves.