Old 26-08-2011, 12:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Eggplant problem

Zootal wrote:

I have grown eggplants in this garden for five years, and I rotate their
position each year. This year, half of my eggplants are having the same
problem to greater or lesser degrees. The leaves will wilt at the edges,
and eventually turn brown, progressing to the point where the entire leaf
dies. There is no insect pests that I'm aware other than a few slugs or
flea beatles, but this does not appear to be insect damage. It has not yet
killed the entire plant. Not every plant does this - the green eggplant
plants seem to be more susceptible to this than the purple ones (I grow
about six or seven different varieties). I've never see eggplants do this
before. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Where are you? Eggplant needs hot... a few cold nights and they are
kaput.