Old 26-08-2011, 11:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Boron Elgar[_2_] Boron Elgar[_2_] is offline

Default ID Required - Red Berry Bush

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:27:35 +0000, scottbmckin
wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone identify the type of berries from the attached photgraphs. I
need to know if the berries are poisonus or edible. The reason I ask is
that if they are poisonous then I am going to remove the bush from the
garden. Better safe than sorry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

|Filename: Red Berry Bush 1.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14414|
|Filename: Red Berry Bush 2.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14415|

I am not the world's best at ID, and apologize if I am in error, but
I believe it is a cotoneaster. If so, then yes, the berries are mildly
poisonous.

Boron