Old 29-08-2011, 07:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default Plum tree with few fruits

I am guessing that my tree in Seattle did badly because of the cold wet Seattle
spring. There were NO bees to be seen while they were flowering.

In the S. Sound near Mt Rainier, I had plenty of bees since early
May, mostly Bumbles and Masons working the early flowering trees.
Thick as thieves right now on the Cones, Lavender, Oregano and
Marjoram. However this years cool wet weather did cause a bit of
brown blossom rot to come out on the cherry and plums, also lots of
Powdery Mildew settled on the Hazelnuts and Blackberries. Saw signs
else where from the Quinault area south to Oly.

http://www.collierarbor.com/problemp...som_Blight.pdf