Old 29-08-2011, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Help - plant identification??

On 29/08/2011 13:05, mark_griff wrote:
I would be grateful if someone could assist with identifying the plant
in the attached photo for me? We only moved into our present house last
winter, so I wasn't aware of what was going to appear in the garden in
the Spring, however, this plant appeared at the beginning of August and
has now grown to about 18" in height.

We've potted it at the moment, as to date we haven't been able to
identify it in any of our books and subsequently don't know how big it
may grow? Could anyone please assist?

Many thanks

|Filename: SSL20204a.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14420|

I confess I'm not sure. Looks a bit like one of the red-leaved perillas.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London