Old 01-09-2011, 04:06 PM
lurp lurp is offline
Registered User

Speakers Corner
Post a response Ask a question

It's free to register, to post a question or to start a discussion

Welcome lurp

My Posts | View Forum Rules | Contact Forum Editor

Print
Send as Email
Recommend on Facebook
Retweet
Digg
Share on Tumblr
LoveThis

Wind Chimes, love them or hate them

« previous 1 2 3 4 5
countryboy

Likes # 0

Posted July 26, 2007 at 3:28PM

Wind Chimes, love them or hate them, I heat them and currently my life is being ruined by wind chimes in my neighbour's garden. I have been through the local council route and they tell me that unless the noise can be classified as a statutory nuisance they have very limited power other than to ask him take them down at night. I find it hard to comprehend that people are allowed to blight other people's lives in this way, If they played music in there garden all day I am sure they would be forced to stop it, but wind chime, they can do as they please, talk about the classic Chinese water torture. There seems to be no way to stop this noise pollution at the moment, so may be it's time that a legal way be found for it to be stopped. I have no idea how this could be bought into existence, but I am sure there are thousands and thousands of people up and down the country who would be very pleased if something could be done.

Like this post

by date
by votes

wee eddie

Likes # 0

Posted August 5, 2007 at 3:30PM

Join them, but in a different octave

Like this post
lurp

Likes # 0

Posted 1 minute ago

We are being tortured by next door neighbour's wind chimes. He put them up a few weeks ago and will not discuss a compromise, being very bullish and I cannot understand his nasty attitude when we have previously got on and I have always been considerate. I am very distressed at the constant noise and lack of control that I have in that I cannot sit in my own garden or new conservatory as it does my head in. I have made complaint to the council. We have set up an e-petition (British Government), please sign it as you don't know when you might become a victim.
Ban wind chimes in built up areas - e-petitions epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions To ban wind chimes in built up areas where the noise can be heard in adjacent properties. The human rights act states 'the right to peaceful enjoyment of your property'. I wish, ideally, a law making these nuicances illegal. Please pass this on to your friends as we needs one hundred thousand signatures before it will be discussed in Parliament. Just go into the web address and search with 'wind chimes'