Old 06-09-2011, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default The last gasp of summer

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 01:12:14 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

Here in sunny South Wales, at the damper side of Swansea bay we have
just had a lovely night of balmy breezes and refreshing rain, well
more like gales and torential rain but I don't want to put off those
visiting South Wales.

I never saw living in Cwmbran & Newport like that.

A total of just over 1 3/4 inches of rain over night.
I dread to think what it has done to the dahlias, good job I tied in
the tree dahlias a bit yesterday.
Just think, if this is Summers last gasp, what will Autumn bring?

Winter?
--

Martin

and a pretty accurate guess of Spring after that ;-)) ??

Mike