Old 06-09-2011, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default The last gasp of summer

Here in sunny South Wales, at the damper side of Swansea bay we have
just had a lovely night of balmy breezes and refreshing rain, well
more like gales and torential rain but I don't want to put off those
visiting South Wales.
A total of just over 1 3/4 inches of rain over night.
I dread to think what it has done to the dahlias, good job I tied in
the tree dahlias a bit yesterday.
Just think, if this is Summers last gasp, what will Autumn bring?
Old 06-09-2011, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 01:12:14 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

Here in sunny South Wales, at the damper side of Swansea bay we have
just had a lovely night of balmy breezes and refreshing rain, well
more like gales and torential rain but I don't want to put off those
visiting South Wales.

I never saw living in Cwmbran & Newport like that.

A total of just over 1 3/4 inches of rain over night.
I dread to think what it has done to the dahlias, good job I tied in
the tree dahlias a bit yesterday.
Just think, if this is Summers last gasp, what will Autumn bring?

Winter?
--

Martin

and a pretty accurate guess of Spring after that ;-)) ??

Mike

Old 06-09-2011, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Here in sunny South Wales, at the damper side of Swansea bay we have
just had a lovely night of balmy breezes and refreshing rain, well
more like gales and torential rain but I don't want to put off those
visiting South Wales.
A total of just over 1 3/4 inches of rain over night.
I dread to think what it has done to the dahlias, good job I tied in
the tree dahlias a bit yesterday.
Just think, if this is Summers last gasp, what will Autumn bring?

Heavy use of garden vacs?

Chucked it down at this end of the Bay all night too but only dry rain
falling at the moment. Nice NNW breeze varying between 2 and 7 MPH.

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the dry end (east) of Swansea Bay
in between reading anything by JRR Tolkien.

www.rivendell.org.uk