Old 08-09-2011, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Best practice for rotavator use

harry wrote in news:481c5c64-1fd2-49f2-8698-
:

On Sep 8, 9:30*am, mogga wrote:
Any thoughts on Best practice for rotavator use?

(it's a 5hp one which is meatier than the 3hp one we've had and loads
better than the tiller thing we have also)

Mow before attempting grassed areas?
--http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

Dig or plough the ground. Rotovate to produce a fine tilth if that's
what you want.

Small rotovators only cultivated the top 100/150mm of ground, not
enough for many purposes.

True enough, I bought an electric one and it does the job of getting me a
nice tilth 6" deep, after spade work, thats all. It would be useless with
clay soil. And it spreads weed seeds everywhere.

Baz