Old 08-09-2011, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Help! How do I prune Autumn Raspberries

Jake Nospam@invalid wrote in news:l33h67pr6cqot0u2rmjm8ih9h51pg0bf0i@
4ax.com:

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 08:51:14 +0000 (UTC), Ann Lancing
wrote:

How and when do I prune Autumn Raspberries?

Do I cut back the same as the summer ones?

Ann

Easy rule for all raspberries - cut the canes that have fruited (and
only those) down to ground level as soon as they've finished. If you
don't do it this way, make sure you cut autumn fruiters (only!) down
to ground by the end of January.

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the dry end (east) of Swansea Bay
in between reading anything by JRR Tolkien.

www.rivendell.org.uk

Nice and concise, I am understanding a bit now!

Baz