Old 11-09-2011, 05:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default On for young and old.....

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
.....at this time of the year. Spring has sprung and the birds are
nesting and mating and the bees are all over every flowering plant
within sight. I counted 6 bees round just 3 daffodil flowers in a
pot on my back verandah.

My pasture hums. The swallows try to beat me into the shed to nest there
before I shut the door. We dine on asparagus every other night. Spring
has come.

:-))))) Isn't it wonderful? We have both been caught just standing in the
veg garden, doin' nuttin' with our backs to the sun soaking up some warmth.

I must be getting old as I know that the winter temps weren't that low and
that we have had lovely high temps way too early for Spring, but I just feel
like it was a long hard winter.