Old 10-09-2011, 05:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default On for young and old.....

......at this time of the year. Spring has sprung and the birds are nesting
and mating and the bees are all over every flowering plant within sight. I
counted 6 bees round just 3 daffodil flowers in a pot on my back verandah.

I've got so much to do..............................

Old 10-09-2011, 05:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

FarmI wrote:
.....at this time of the year. Spring has sprung and the birds are
nesting and mating and the bees are all over every flowering plant
within sight. I counted 6 bees round just 3 daffodil flowers in a
pot on my back verandah.
I've got so much to do..............................

My pasture hums. The swallows try to beat me into the shed to nest there
before I shut the door. We dine on asparagus every other night. Spring has
come.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

.....at this time of the year. Spring has sprung and the birds are nesting
and mating and the bees are all over every flowering plant within sight. I
counted 6 bees round just 3 daffodil flowers in a pot on my back verandah.

I've got so much to do..............................

Yep, it's a bipolar world. As the sun slowly dips behind the top of my
hill, all I can do is sit around and wait for the laggards of the garden
to catch-up.

You have bees already? You should be where we are in February. Bees
would be another month away.
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would have cut Social Security and Medicare, while cutting taxes on the wealthy.

Kucinich noted that none of the government programs targeted for
elimination or severe cutback in House Republican spending plans
"appeared on the GAO's list of government programs at high risk of
waste, fraud and abuse."
http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...is-kucinich/re
p-dennis-kucinich-says-gop-budget-cuts-dont-targ/

[W]e have the situation with the deficit and the debt and spending and jobs. And itıs not that difficult to get out of it. The first thing you do is you get rid of corporate welfare. Thatıs hundreds of billions of dollars a year. The second is you tax corporations so that they donıt get away with no taxation.
- Ralph Nader
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/7/19/ralph_naders_solution_to_debt_crisis
Old 10-09-2011, 06:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

Billy wrote:
In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

.....at this time of the year. Spring has sprung and the birds are
nesting and mating and the bees are all over every flowering plant
within sight. I counted 6 bees round just 3 daffodil flowers in a
pot on my back verandah.

I've got so much to do..............................

Yep, it's a bipolar world. As the sun slowly dips behind the top of my
hill, all I can do is sit around and wait for the laggards of the
garden to catch-up.

You have bees already? You should be where we are in February. Bees
would be another month away.

I have large quantities of bees all year round.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:03 AM posted to rec.gardens

FarmI wrote:

.....at this time of the year. Spring has sprung and the birds are nesting
and mating and the bees are all over every flowering plant within sight. I
counted 6 bees round just 3 daffodil flowers in a pot on my back verandah.

I've got so much to do..............................

it's what keeps things interesting around here.
the difference between what i want to do, what i
can do, what needs to be done and what actually
does get done.

today i almost finished thinning the strawberries
out, and i picked and shelled some of the dried beans
that were ready and i ran to the library to get
something to read because i was out.

came across another book by Amy Stewart that is
interesting called _Flower Confidential_, very much
worth the read for those of us who like flowers and
buy them at the stores for our sweethearts or other
occasions. me loving tulips and enjoying cross-
breeding i was having a very amusing series of
moments reading the opening section that was talking
about a flower breeder that was addicted to his
paintbrushes to the exclusion of all else.

glad things are warming up for you and the birds
and bees are humming along,

songbird

Old 11-09-2011, 05:40 AM posted to rec.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
.....at this time of the year. Spring has sprung and the birds are
nesting and mating and the bees are all over every flowering plant
within sight. I counted 6 bees round just 3 daffodil flowers in a
pot on my back verandah.
I've got so much to do..............................

My pasture hums. The swallows try to beat me into the shed to nest there
before I shut the door. We dine on asparagus every other night. Spring
has come.

:-))))) Isn't it wonderful? We have both been caught just standing in the
veg garden, doin' nuttin' with our backs to the sun soaking up some warmth.

I must be getting old as I know that the winter temps weren't that low and
that we have had lovely high temps way too early for Spring, but I just feel
like it was a long hard winter.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:43 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

.....at this time of the year. Spring has sprung and the birds are
nesting
and mating and the bees are all over every flowering plant within sight.
counted 6 bees round just 3 daffodil flowers in a pot on my back
verandah.

I've got so much to do..............................

Yep, it's a bipolar world. As the sun slowly dips behind the top of my
hill, all I can do is sit around and wait for the laggards of the garden
to catch-up.

Never mind Billy. Your turn will come roudn again in about 6
months :-))

You have bees already? You should be where we are in February. Bees
would be another month away.

Yup. Lots and lots and lots of bees. They really, really, really like my
wallflowers. I wish we had bumble bees though. The only place in Australia
that has bumble bees is Tasmania and I just love watching them. They look
like they couldn't possibly fly given their improbably shape.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

"songbird" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:

.....at this time of the year. Spring has sprung and the birds are
nesting
and mating and the bees are all over every flowering plant within sight.
counted 6 bees round just 3 daffodil flowers in a pot on my back
verandah.

I've got so much to do..............................

it's what keeps things interesting around here.
the difference between what i want to do, what i
can do, what needs to be done and what actually
does get done.

LOL. That sounds very familiar. Always much more to do than there is time
for.

today i almost finished thinning the strawberries
out, and i picked and shelled some of the dried beans
that were ready and i ran to the library to get
something to read because i was out.

I went to the library yesterday but to return a heap of books. I wont' have
time for reading for a while.

came across another book by Amy Stewart that is
interesting called _Flower Confidential_, very much
worth the read for those of us who like flowers and
buy them at the stores for our sweethearts or other
occasions. me loving tulips and enjoying cross-
breeding i was having a very amusing series of
moments reading the opening section that was talking
about a flower breeder that was addicted to his
paintbrushes to the exclusion of all else.

I love daffodials but for some reason I am not a tulip lover. I have a few,
but they don't make me as cheerful as the daffs and jonquils do.

glad things are warming up for you and the birds
and bees are humming along,

Thank you songbird. May you have a snug and warm winter.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:38 AM posted to rec.gardens
Nad Nad is offline

"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

May you have a snug and warm winter.

Busy here as fall approaches. Been preserving summers bounty. Soon to be
preparing for winter and that means trimming the bushes, trees, cutting
down the the plants and rearranging the bulbs. A strong storm last week
knocked down three trees. Two ash trees and one wild apple tree. So I have
some extra cleaning up to do this fall.

The temperature this Thursday is supposed to drop down to forty degrees
fahrenheit. So the end of canning and freezing will come to an end. Soon
the trees Colors will change from green to fiery reds and yellows. The fall
colors are really neat to see and has a peaceful feeling. I look forward to
winter, to see the snow coming down and a time for reading new books,
trying new recipes and relaxing a bit.

--
Nad