Old 11-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Gardening Ads Gardening Ads is offline
Registered User

Location: Worcestershire

Hi guys,

New to the forum but in a dilemma.

Brassicas.

All were doing fine, VERY healthy but I did have a white fly problem and the leaves on all , cauliflower, sprouts and broccoli, were being eaten away. and becoming very holy.

Anyway, my Mum suggested I spray the plants with very diluted washing up liquid, I checked on the internet and found that it was not a wives tale but people actually stated that it worked.

So I did spray all three groups with VERY diluted washing up liquid and cold water and the white fly appeared to shift away.

All was fine, I rinsed all the plants with the hose the same evening and the white fly appeared to stay away. That was a week ago. Two days ago, all was fine, the leaves and vegetables were healthy and looking great.

I went top work, came home and the following day checked the brassicas.

Sprouts and brocolli are loosing leaves, brown in colour crispy in places and both groups of plants are looking very thin as though they are dying.

Cauliflower is fine, no problem but is in a different patch to the other two.

We do have moles in the garden, will moles effect the plants so quickly and in this way ?

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mark