Old 13-09-2011, 07:55 AM
jacobsdad jacobsdad is offline
Registered User

Location: Essex, UK
Unhappy Basil being attacked by something

Hi,

I have grown basil from seed indoors. It grew fine, I harvested the first batch of leaves and then they continued to grow.

I have just woken up to find that some of the leaves have gone brown and the tops of the stalks have gone limp. On closer inspection a couple of small *(possibly black) flys flew off and there seem to be lots of little white eggs on the leaves.

At least, I think they are eggs - they might be some sort of larvae - I can't really tell. They are about 1mm in size and a creamy/white colour.

Can anyone advice what this could be? I have sprayed them with a homeade garlic solution that I use for my roses for now but any advice would be appreciated!

Many thanks.

P.S. The basil is still indoors - it has never been outside but I did plant it in compost from outdoors.
Veni, vidi, vici.